Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Super Tilt - Last Softball Game of Season

January 20th, 2009, 9:00 PM PST @ Cheviot Hills Park

It was a terrible night.

I went to go play basketball @ UCLA last night and it was one of my better days shooting the ball. I was also grabbing rebounds left and right but somehow I lost all three games I played (all back-t0-back-to-back).

And then I had my softball game @ 9 where I showed up nearly late and was on dead-tilt to start the game. I'm not sure what it was but I was a pretty angry man. I was heated on the mound and it definitely threw me off. I was fighting the demons just trying to throw a strike.

To make matters worst, during my first at-bat, the girl pitcher on the other team threw me a cookie to smash and I swung as hard as I can trying to kill it and the ball spun up in the air straight to the pitcher for an easy out. I wanted to throw the bat threw the fence. Then on my 2nd at-bat, I was so pissed that the score was 15-3 that I batted left-handed and I swung and missed on both pitches. If you thought I was upset after the first at-bat, boy, I wanted to kill somebody after swinging and missing.

So I went 0-for-2 at the plate in the first 3 innings and I gave up a million walks, leading to 15 runs for the Prison Breakers.

I finally realized what an idiot I was after three innings and that I was killing my team with my attitude. I really was ashamed of myself even though I blame it on fatigue and starvation. I didn't eat dinner and I didn't get much sleep the night before nor the entire weekend in Mammoth.

Anyhow, I settled down after the 3rd inning and finished the game fairly well, giving up only 2 runs in the last 3 innings and going 2 for 2 with the bat.

That's it for the season. We finished with the same record as last season at 8-4. There will be no playoffs.

No comments: