Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Cold Night

January 6th, 2008, 9:00 PM PST @ Penmar Rec Center

This game was a near disaster in all aspects.

First of all, I finished playing basketball at UCLA around 8:30 and received a phone call from Kendy saying that the park was dead with no lights. That reminded me that the location of our softball had been changed. I was notify but I had forgot to relay the message to our team hah. So Kendy is at the park where we usually play (Pan Pacific) and is telling me that half the team is sitting in the dark and wondering what the hell was going on. Must of been fun.

Anyway, we finally got a hold of the directions to the new park and they all carpooled over there. Luckily, for me, Kev, and Freddy, the three of us had just finished playing basketball and the new park wasn't too far from UCLA. Jackpot for us.

After a few mis-directions and wrong-turns, we finally arrived at the park 10 minutes late and the other team was just waiting there with the umpire. Suckers.

As for the game, we lost by one run. I had a terrible 2009 first game, as I struck out badly (batting right-handed, not left-handed). I just never strike out batting right-handed but it happened. The night was cold. The air was tight and the ball wasn't carrying. We had zero minutes to warm-up but that was our bad for showing up late.

Outside of Kev's four solid at-bats (the one out he did make was the hardest crushed ball I've ever seen him hit - too bad the defense was ridiculously deep), the whole lineups' bat was just as cold as the night.





No comments: