Thursday, April 16, 2009

Finally

April 14th, 2009, 7:00 PM PST @ Mar Vista Rec Cen

I finally had a good game at the Mar Vista Rec Cen. Actually, my first game was pretty good but the last 2 were pretty bad including last week's in which I thought it was one of my worst games ever. Good thing my teammates are pretty solid and they made up for my suckiness.

It was my turn in this game versus VIPs.

For some reason we just didn't play well all game and there was a point in the game that all our buckets were just coming off me making breakaway layups and slashing after a quick pump fake for easy points in the paint (I'm just too fast for the defense to rotate over).

As for some notable moments..Jesse hit a big three with about 5 minutes left to tie the game. Frank hit two free throws in overtime right after they stole the tip and got an and-1 to go up 3. We got a stop and then I got one of my layups to put us up 3. After they scored to cut it to 1, Brett hit a baseline jumper to put us up 3 and they missed a couple 3's after that and Kev iced the game with a couple free throws.

We won by 5 points in overtime. I think the final score was something like 59-54.

Cougar Bait's Record: 4-0

The Players:
Viet
Kevin
Brett
Jesse
Matt
Frank

No comments: