Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Hitmen Upsets Stooges, Then Smashes Brew Crew

Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011, 7:45 PM PST & 9:00 PM PST @ Pan American Park in Long Beach

I'm starting to believe that I'm the greatest pitcher in softball history. Not that it's something cool to brag about or anything, but damn I just can't be beat.

Last night, our Hitmen (3-8) softball team took down the number one seed, Stooges (9-1), in the semi-finals, 18-16. I'm not sure how I held them to only 16 runs, considering our glove was terrible and one-through-ten can kill the ball. Stooges were 9-1 in the regular season but I considered them undefeated because their one loss was to this minor league baseball team, that was removed after a couple games because they were destroying people. Stooges mercied us three times in the regular season, 34-5, 25-7, and 26-11 lol



Some highlights in this one included a outfield assist by Big K in right center gunning a runner trying to go from first to third on a single. That play definitely stopped whatever momentum they had.

Here is the boxscore from this one:



After pulling the super upset, I knew we were gonna win the second game easily. I just didn't know it was gonna be super easy.

I'll just let the boxscore do the talking on this one (there are no typos):



This game was called by the other team in the top of 7th. There was still only one out, 16 runs in, runners on 1st and 2nd and my brother, Minh, due-up.

Champions for the third time in four seasons. I run my postseason record to 6-0.

No comments: