Monday, April 14, 2008

Production Weekend

Friday..

I hate the internet. I stayed at work late Friday night facebooking for an hour or so just waiting for traffic to die down and 7:45 to roll around. It was actually a pretty smooth drive over to Alhambra.

I meant up with some old college friends: Pamela, Melanie, Liz and Daniel (a fourth friend, Karen couldn't make it). We all met up at some Japanese restaurant called Yama. The food was okay at best. I wouldn't recommend this place. However, there was this place across the street with some pretty good drinks called Tea Station that I went to to grab some boba while in wait-mode. I also called up Pitou for some scores (my Lakers were playing the Hornets).

I had a good-time at dinner listening to the girls talk about their movies and whatever else have you. I realized that I really do miss them. It's been almost half a year since we last seen each other. Wonderful people, they are.

After dinner, we headed down to the corner of Main and Atlantic for the theatres. We watched the 10pm showing for Leatherheads. I actually heard that this movie wasn't very good so I thought I was in for a long one. It ended up not being too bad and not because I'm a big sports fan; there really wasn't much sports in it. There were also very little conflict in the movie which usually is a cause for a terrible movie. I guess the dialogue was just good enough (witty and intiguing) to keep me awake and entertained.

After the movies, I stopped by Pitou's house around 12:45 AM to find Rady, Toukna, Nara, Myke, Pitou (all already in that good mood after who knows how many drinks). Wendy and Richard were also there. Mortal Kombat was playing on the PS3 and Counterstrike on the monitor. Rady was whoopin' everyone and everyone kept saying that Rady is a loser for being so good.

Anyway, I chilled there for a little bit and decided to call it a night at 2:15. I got home around 2:25 and heard my little brother say something in the dark. I was like "What?" He said go check the kitchen I heard two mousetraps popped. Nice.

Rodent Problem: I'm not sure when these little suckers invited themselves to live with us but my brother and I have been hearing scratches within the walls lately so I invested in a couple of Victors from Home Depot (4 trappers for $1.99). Not a bank-breaker.

Good thing I still had my shoes on (Asian people take their shoes off when they enter homes and we're no different) so I walked into the kitchen with no fear. I turned on the lights. Three of the four traps had popped. One small mouse with his nose and eye separated by Victor's metal piece. The other two mousetraps were disabled but there were no fur things attached. In the middle of the kitchen floor was a loooooooooooooooooooong mouse lying like he was dead. No blood or any signs of injuries. I kicked him with my shoe and he didn't move. I looked back at the small mouse and he was fidgeting (reminiscience of the movie The Rock - the feet thing). Anyway, I grabbed a paper towel and picked the huge thing up by the tail. Then I went to the bathroom. I dropped it into the toilet and hit the flusher. Damn toilet was out of order. So I had to pick the rodent up by its tail again this time with my bare hands cause paper towels and water do not have good chemistry. I couldn't think of any other place to put it so I just put that long mouse into the bathroom trash bin and went to the kitchen and got the small one also.

I relined all four trappers and made sure I washed my hands a 2nd and 3rd time. I brushed my teeth, threw on my retainers and crashed.

Saturday..

Surprisingly, I woke up pretty early around 11. I checked the kitchen and all four mousetraps were still in tact.

I did a little tour of the house to see who's home and only my little brother and Dad were. For those of you who don't know, my Dad suffered a stroke back in September 2004 in Vietnam and has yet to recover to regain mobility on the right-side of his body. He can't take care of himself.

By the time I finished washing up, it was already approaching 12 noon. This is the time we (usually either my Mom, my brother or myself) wake up Mr. Nguyen. I was the lucky guy on this hot Saturday afternoon.

I went inside my parents' room and the odor was disgusting. I knew right away that he had pooped. Jackpot haha. I went straight for a couple grocery bags and a brand new roll of paper towels and then went back to my Dad's bedside.

I wake up him, walked him into the bathroom, took his clothes and diaper off. There were poop all over his pubic hair and down the backside of both of his legs. Sweet.

I realized that I forgot the air freshener so I went for that and a T-shirt that I tied around my face like this. With my uniform on, I went to work and got everything down to just some brown stains. I then got him into the shower and cleaned him off with a sponge. There was no way for me to shower him this time without getting wet so I took a second shower with my shorts on.

After brushing his teeth and getting him dressed, I ate a quick Kim Chi Noodle Bowl (the blue kind) and headed out to Alhambra for some basketball games. Results are posted below. In between the games, I met up Kendy, Alan, and some of their friends for a little softball practice. I brought some lunch and just chilled in the dugout. On the menu: 2 Chicken Thighs, 1 Sausage Hot Dog, and Fried-Rice and Chow-Mein. $13.

After the second game, I drove all the way back home and napped for an hour or so. I got a couple of loads of laundry in and went out around 10:45 PM to some stupid bar called Library Bar in downtown L.A. I only went to meet up with Van and Vince. It's been a while since I've seen them last.

The spot was so weak. The girl-guy ratio was decent but the girls weren't very attractive. We left around 1 or so to go eat in Little Tokyo at some place called Kouraku.

I got home around 330AM and didn't have my keys so I had to jumped the side fence and entered through the back. The dog started barking and I told him to shut up. I went to my bed and shut myself up (after brushing my teeth and putting on my retainer of course).

Sunday..

I wake up around 1030 to the voices of my little brother asking me if I wanted to go to the Dodgers' game. It was hot as heck and there was no one else home to watch over my Dad so I figured I'd pass. I went back to bed for about half an hour and then got my lazy butt up around 11. I opened up the screen doors and whoof, a hot, humid breeze nearly knocked me out.

I took a shower and then gave my dad a shower per usual. I fed him and then threw him on the massage chair. I caught a little bit of the Lakers', Dodgers', and Angels' game (they were all playing at the same time), while finishing up my laundry and cleaning my room. Then I fell asleep around 2-3. I wake up and gave my dad a little therapy. Then I did the dishes, changed my oil, washed my car, ate lunch, made rice, swept the backyard, cleaned up the living room, and cleaned up the kitchen.

Our sink is always filled with dishes and I do them at least twice a week. The trash can outside was surrounded by a kazillion flies (ie those 2 rodents must of been in decaying-mode especially with the blistering sun coming down; record temps in LB that day, 95 degrees).

By the time I was done, it was already close to 8pm. Finally, my sister and brother came home around 8:15 allowing me to leave the house for some grocery shopping. I went to Northgate Supermarket with my little sister where I spent a grand total of $54 and change for a bunch of produce and random stuff. I also bought 10 tamales at $1 each off a van outside the market. They're actually pretty good.

I came home, made ceviche, ate a lot, stretched my dad one final time and then went to bed around 11:30.

THAT ENDS THE WEEKEND SUMMARY.

I'd like to conclude with a little thought (from a sportsbetting forum):

"Please remember to help those less fortunate than yourself. And be sure to let your loved ones know you love them."
-LL

I was fortunate enough to hang out with a lot of good people this weekend. It's funny cause I've been in a little bitter mood about some things. But I try to remind myself that there's no point in being bitter and upset/angry. There's really no point. You're only gonna pull yourself down. There are some things that you can't control and so be it. What you can control is yourself. Just think positive and try to keep happy even if things aint going the way you want it to. Keep grinding and I'm sure you'll eventually see results. Holler at me if you need a friend. =) Speaking of results..

Here are the game results from Saturday, 4/12:

April 12th, 2008, 2:00 PM PST @ San Marino HS

Our team sucks.

Boxscore: Click here.


April 12th, 2008, 5:00 PM PST @ San Marino HS

No Kevin, no Sereywath, no problem.

Boxscore: Click here.

No comments: