Monday, May 5, 2008

Huge Upset

May 3th, 2008, 2:00 PM PST @ San Marino HS

We lost by ten points, 70-60. Nothing exciting happened in this game. We were able to cut the lead down to two points in the 2nd half but never got over the hump.

Boxscore: Click here.


May 3th, 2008, 4:00 PM PST @ San Marino HS

This was a sad game for us. We played against the team that I am on in the earlier 2pm game stated above. I'm not sure how we lost this game but at one point in the first half we were down by as many as 18 points.

The spread coming into this game had to be at least 25 points. We killed these guys by 30 something last time out without even trying.

The lead for them was 9 at halftime and we were able to take the lead with 9 minutes left in the game. From hereon, it was a see-saw battle all the way until the end (I'm not sure why and how, and I was there on the bench watching).

With about 2:45 left in the game, my brother went in for Adrian. He didn't look like he was mad when he was taken out but boy was he heated thereafter. He cussed me out big-time. I didn't say anything back because his wife was there and she's pregnant. Well, that was actually a good thing because a calm, cool person would shut up and let him cool down first.

"Put me back in the fo*kin game."
"We need a ball handler out there."
"We're losing because I'm not out there."

Sure.

It was cool though because he came up to me after the game and told me that he was out of line. Solid.

As for the ending, they managed to hit almost every single free throw down the stretch and escaped with a 2 point win.

Boxscore: Click here.

No comments: