Thursday, December 11, 2008

Six Straight Wins

December 9th, 2008, 7:30 PM PST @ Pan Pacific Park

I'm just too good.

I got to the park early on Tuesday night before 7pm and I was the only one there with a bunch of soccer players along with one of my teammates' Dad (Bin's father). I wanted to get there early so I can warm up my injured ankle because we were pushing 8 players for the night. There were no subs to fill in. That, and we really don't have a backup pitcher.

I got my laps in and then Adam showed up so I got my warmup tosses in with him. When 7:30 rolled around, we barely had eight players to start the game while the other team, Throwdowns, had a solid 11.

We played pretty much the whole game with 8 players (with no second baseman and three outfielders - in softball, you're allowed four).

Considering that our leadoff man - for the night, went 0 for 6, we were pretty lucky to put up a 13 runs. I was batting right behind him in the two slot and of course, I killed the ball all 4 times I batted right-handed (including a homerun where I predicted in my head that I was gonna hit with the left-fielder playing so shallow). But yeah I hit it on the screws in my first five plate appearances (feeling real good), then decided to bring back the switch-hitting and struck out swinging in my last at-bat in the seventh and final inning hah. Even with the strikeout, a 5 for 6 day is pretty solid considering it was cold as hell and people were swinging and missing left and right. That just makes me look that much better hah.

As for the pitching, I pitched well for throwing on a bummed ankle. Everything went well in this game except for the fact that I decided to make a spectacular grab in the last inning and turned my ankle again. So now I'm limping around again - for the time being. I have another game tonight so we'll see what happens.

On a side note, I have some extremely bad news to report but I'm not gonna report it hah. I'm not big on being a downer. I don't think there's any point in being sad when you can make yourself happy but right now, I am extremely down and out.

No comments: