Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 - The Recap

Let's take a look back at my personal missions and see how i fared:

July 17th, 2008 entry - Click Here

1. Read 5 books.

The Time Traveler's Wife (Never Finished - stopped on page 150 or something, the story is too jumpy)
The Five People You Meet in Heaven (Done)
The Five Dysfunctions of a Team (Done)
The Kite Runner (Done)
Death Watch (Done)

Failed.

2. Take a class for Fall Quarter to run the brain blood flow.

I enrolled in a Spanish course at LBCC, attended class for about 2 and a half weeks and then dropped it. Sweet.

Failed.

3. Complete grad-school application for Masters in Math Education

I completed the application for CSULB but I didn't get in. My brother (currently a English teacher at Long Beach Cabrillo HS says I should try to apply to CSU Dominguez cause that's where he got his credentials cause he too didn't get into CSULB - I'm not sure if I wanna teach anymore, I need to figure something out). My little brother and sister both got into CSULB. Congrats to them!

I need to start a business or something because I am sick of working.


Failed.

4. Do push-ups or lift weights 3 times a week.

I have failed miserably in this area as well. Although, I've been lifting weights the last two nights. I need to get some running incorporated into the daily regimen as well.

Failed.

5. Spend the rest of my time with friends and family.

The holidays have been a great source for time-spending and catching up with the homies and the crazy familia.

Passed!

Total Results: 1/5 (20%)
Grade: Failed.

I'm gonna fix this. Hopefully, I'm just not saying it cause it sounds good and go out and make it happen. I just gotta get my mind right and I'm feeling the determination rising. Hear me cause I'm hollering it up right now..I'll be ready in the new year.

I wanna thank God for not taking anybody from my life this past year. Considering what happened in 2007, that's definitely a win. If you're out partying tonight, have fun and be safe. Of course, never forget to laugh and love. Live it up!

Happy New Year 2009!

No comments: