Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Wedding Weekend

It's a good thing that 4 of my 5 sport's league are currently in the offseason because I have been one busy hombre.

My brother had his Tea Ceremony thing on Thursday night for his wedding. It was actually kinda boring but all was good cause the family was together. I got home late and missed the walk-in that they do with everybody trailing the bride and groom. That's what LA traffic will do to you. Whatever. I got to do my eating and chilling so it's cool.

I took my nephew to the batting cages that night and realized that my swing needs major work.

As for the wedding on 08/08/08, the traditional American reception was on the Queen Mary which was pretty cool except for that fact that it was hot as hell.

Being there brought back some memories as I used to work on this ship the summer before eighth grade so I still remembered where everything was. The restaurants have changed a lot. No more pizza spot on Sun Deck and no more ice cream parlor. I was kinda sad to see that the ice cream joint that I used to run is no longer there. I guess a tip to me - it failed cause I'm no longer there hah.

As for the reception, I dont remember the Reverend's name but he's the same dude that tied the knot for my oldest brother. He's pretty solid and I'd recommend him if you're getting married though I don't recommend getting married hah jk. But all in all, it was a great day for Tuan and Letty. Great joy and happiness and I wish them the best. Very very very good people.

After the American ceremony, the Asian reception capped off the night at a restaurant called Regent West in Westminster. The restarant was a good size but I thought it was a little small. The 8 or 9 course meal was the per usual stuff. The opening meal (the salad) was pretty bomb. Our table killed it in a heartbeat. We had some eaters at our table. I sat with my cousins and little brother. We're a bunch of animals hah. My oldest brother Minh actually ran the show with the mic and he did a superb job. He should give up that suing stuff and become a comedian.

Right.

I had a game on Saturday..


August 9, 2008, 3:00 PM PST @ Best Fit Gym

Needless to say that we blew a 16 point lead and lost by double digits. I'm not sure what happened but all I know is we didn't win.

Here is the boxscore from that game:



After the game, I went home for some food and then off to Cherry Park to play some tennis with Pitou, Rady, and Richard. We played a bunch of 2 on 2 games and of course my team won every single game. I think I was 5-0 or something. I even won with Richard on my team which is like a super duper upset victory hah.

It was also here that I found out that I won a lot of money. I was a little pumped and then something bad happened. Ah, the Karma. Ups and Downs. Left and Right. Right and Wrong. Yin and Yang.

Upon leaving Cherry Park (I had parked just 2 cars down from Pitou who had fixed the computer that I bought from him for $300), I told to give me the computer (it's a desktop computer, and it was the big fat modem). He tells me to just get the computer at the pho place because we were heading out to Pho Saigon in between Cerritos and Long Beach on South Street. I tell him to just give it to me but he says he's too lazy. Okay no big deal.

So we drive to Pho Saigon, all four of us in four different cars. While driving there, I keep telling myself that he should give me the computer after we finish eating or else someone might see it. I swear I told myself that at least two times.

We get there and Pitou says to take the computer right now because he's gonna be too lazy to transfer it after we eat. I was like whatever okay. He carries the computer over to my car and I open the door for him. While he puts it in, I lock the front door and start walking towards the restaurant while he finishes up. After he does his thing, we go inside and eat.

After we finished eating, I get to my car and the first thing I do is look into the backseat of the car where Pitou had loaded the computer. No sign of it. My heart drops a little and I quickly walked over to Pitou's car to give him the bad news. He says in astonishment, "For reals?" I said yeah.

Some finishing notes to finish off this story:

1. Pitou doesn't remember locking my car. Great.
2. They also stole my radio face and left the stereo. What the hell?!
3. I found out the next day that they had also popped the trunk and stole my Jordans. Damn those suckers smell like garbage and they still took them hah.
4. I had received a text message from P2 regarding tennis: "You better go, I'm not liable for computer loss from my car." A little foreshadowing hah?

I canceled a Hermosa Beach hangout with some college friends that night because I was afraid some more bad things might happen. Sucks.

That was Saturday.

On Sunday, I wake up to go play tennis again. This time with Karen and Sereywath. Man, it was hot this morning also and we were playing around 11am. We sweated it out for an hour plus and called it a day.

After this, I went home for lunch and a little chilling before heading to Westwood for my softball meeting (for my work league). The spot was right next to my sisters' apartment in UCLA. I parked my car at their place and walked there. Next time I'm telling them to pick it up. They're actually camping somewhere and weren't there that weekend. What a waste of gas but I can't say that because I got to see a cool person that day hah.

Work has picked up again. I'll try to be more prompt with my postings the next few weeks. Til then, be safe, be happy, and keep smiling because I love you. For reals!

No comments: