Monday, August 4, 2008

Losing Again - Calling Out Names

August 1st, 2008, 7:45 PM PST @ Joe Rodgers Field

This is sweet. The weekend following where my league teams go undefeated, we then turned around and followed up with a solid losing weekend.

Our Hitmen softball team's done for the season and we made sure we left on a losing-note. We lost by 10 or something. We actually have one more game but we're all going to my brother's wedding this Friday.

The wedding guy didn't play in this one but it wouldn't of matter. We suck.

I'm calling out Lyno for having a horrendous season with the bat. I have no confidence that he will get a hit every time he goes up to bat. And our shortstop Steve has yet to regain his swing. We need to start up the scorekeeping again to see who's on-base percentage is worst than Andruw Jones.

Batted: 3 for 3.


August 2nd, 2008, 3:00 PM PST @ Best Fit Gym

I was unable to attend this game because of my brother's wedding rehearsal at the Queen Mary. It was a good, fun day with the crazy family. The best part of course was the hired taco man. I think his name was Enrique or something

As for the game, I heard we lost. Oh yeah, we lost to the last place team. Sweet.

I went to go play poker at Ravuth's house later that night around 9pm with P2 and we both won against some weak players. Ravuth included hah.


August 3rd, 2008, 3:20 PM PST @ Banning HS

Our LBC basketball team first and last playoff game was a good one up to the 5 minute mark left in the 4th quarter. That's when everything went to shambles. I hate to say it but I'm pretty disappointed. I really thought we could of won this game and I wanted to win it so bad. My teammates bailed on me with 5 minutes left. Manny substituted for me because he thought I said I wanted a rest but I didn't tell him such a thing. He came in and the team just quitted. We were only down by 2 points and all of a sudden it jumped to 11 and the game was pretty much over.

Tuan had a bad game and he was calling out Tom's complaining and whining afterwards. I definitely agree that Tom's yelling and screaming kills the team morale and focus. I've already told him but he just doesn't listen. Funny thing is that he used to complain about my friend Sereywath's complaining hurting the team and now he's taken that roll. Ironic.

Calling out names: Too many turnovers. Tuan's bad game. Tom's complaining. Manny quitting.

And now we're eliminated from the semi's by a team loaded with 4 dunkers, including some former Stanford Cardinals dude named Julius Barnes.

I actually held him scoreless in the 2nd half, giving him the open jay and he missed every time. He was killing Tuan in the first half: blocking his shots and scoring at-will.

Julius Barnes video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMLYt3zk-3A&feature=related

No comments: