Friday, October 12, 2007

LegalZoom Can't Hold Lead

October 11th, 2007, 7:30 PM PST

Little Bar Lounge 18, LegalZoom 12.

This was a much anticipated game for LegalZoom primarily because of the situation with Left-Glove and not because both teams have one win.

It was a good game and we led all the way until my defense failed me in the seventh and final inning. We couldn't hold a one run lead due to some terrible defense. No surprises here. Our defense sucks. I haven't been that frustrated in a very long time. Not good.

Props to Little Bar Lounge as they put up seven runs in last inning and then shut us down in the bottom of the seventh.

As for the situation-help, Left-Glove shows up late in the fourth inning or so when we were batting. She sits down at the end of the bench. No greeting from her. I speak first.

I ask her if she's playing tonight and she says yes. I tell her to sign the lineup card and that she's batting at the bottom of the order. No complaints.

We only have nine players before she shows up. Adam, who was catching his first game, was re-inserted back to his normal role at third. Left-Glove is now catching. No complaints.

Only complaints came from a soft-spoken guy that works in my department (let's call him BT). I am on first-base. I was on base and taking third on a single to right-field. He told me to go home as I approached third-base. I questioned his decision because it was just a single and I got gunned down last week trying to score from second. So I held up as the ball was already in the infield. There were two-outs. BT points towards home plate and says look who's coming up. Left-Glove was coming up thereafter to bat. I should of listen. She grounds out to the pitcher. Inning over. Two runners stranded. Did I ever hear it from BT. I respond, "I didn't know she was coming up, you know I would of gone."

That was her first at-bat. Her second at-bat came in the bottom of the sixth inning with the bases juiced and one-out. She grounds out to the pitcher again. The pitcher boots the ball so a runner manages to score. She's out at first. Dandy stuff.

Batted: 3 for 4. 2 singles, double.

No comments: