Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Double Dinner

July 21st, 2008, 7:30 PM PST @ Pan Pacific Park

What a great way to finish the season. LegalZoom (8-4) finished their 3rd season with a solid, defensive victory over the Hollywood All-Stars on Monday night. Before the game started, we were definitely the underdog in this one.

The bottom of our lineup was staring at two girls and a new guy playing in jeans. Throw in the fact that Hollywood All-Stars are coming off convincing-win over first place Dead Presidents and you can see why we weren't looking too good. To put things in perspective, Dead Presidents have lost two games all season, both to Hollywood All-Stars.

We've owned Hollywood All-Stars this season though (2-0 on the season coming into the game).

I left work some time before 6pm to head out to the park for some early warm-up. I made a quick-stop at In-N-Out to get some dinner because of what happened the night before during the basketball game. I made sure I had enough energy so I ordered three cheeseburgers, some fries, and a drink. This meal could feed two people at least. If you know me though, I eat like a monster and eat like there's no tomorrow. What a pig hah.

Anyhow, back to the game details. I pitched on a full stomach and I was on queue. I had a 3-pitch inning and Hollywood All-Stars didn't come up with their first "legit" hit until the 7th and final inning. I'm not sure how I did it but I was mowing them down left and right. At one point, I remembered getting 10 straight batters although this number could be a lot higher. I just can't remember.

Gamenotes: We had one of the girls playing catcher and the other one playing in between first and second base (I labeled her position as 1.5B hah). John, the guy in jeans was playing at 2nd base. Hollywood All-Stars hit zero balls to the right side. Actually, they hit two but both were popouts to the first baseman, Dave hah.

They came up with four runs in the bottom of the 7th on a couple errors and 3 solid hits. Whatever, we win.

Here is the boxscore:



Here are the final season stats for the third season:

No comments: